Chocolate Banana Bread
There’s no such thing as portion control with this bread 😂 It’s a perfect weekend treat. Delicious served with a big dollop of my homemade chia seed raspberry jam which you can find here (insert link).
- - 100 g choc chips or 70% dark chocolate broken up
- - 200 g white spelt flour/buckwheat flour
- - 3 bananas mashed
- - 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- - 2 tsp baking powder
- - ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- - 4 tbsp of cocoa
- - 150g maple syrup or honey
- - 3 eggs
- - 1 sliced banana for the top of the bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a lined or lightly oiled bread tin. Add a chopped banana to the top
Bake for 55 min to 1 hour at 180C.
I use a wire rack to let the bread cool fully before slicing (approx. 1 hour to cool)
My chocolate banana bread is the perfect match with my homemade raspberry chia seed jam. Get the recipe here.