- - 2 slightly ripe mangoes sliced into cubes
- - 1 onion thinly sliced
- - 5 cups fresh lime juice
- - 1⁄2 cup raisins
- - 1⁄3 cup honey
- - 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- - 2 garlic cloves minced
- - 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- - 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of ginger cut into thin sticks
- (To give this recipe more heat you can add a very finely diced up red chilli)
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan stirring occasionally, over high heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally, until thickened for 40 minutes. Remove chutney from heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to serving bowl and refrigerate covered 1 hour.
mango chutney in the recipe.